CALL FOR PAPERS
The 43rd Nutrition Society of Australia National Program Committee invites the submission of abstracts for original work. Papers will be considered for oral or poster presentations in the NSA 2019 ASM Program.
Call for Papers have now closed
- Papers should take the form of a paragraph of 200 words and may be submitted for consideration as either a poster or oral presentation. We cannot guarantee that your preference of abstract type will be granted. The number of presentations accepted is not related to the number of abstracts submitted per delegate, these decisions are at the discretion of the committee.
- The abstract should be a summary of the whole paper, briefly outlining the background, methods, results and conclusions of the work together with their significance.
- Use the following style of structured abstracts, but without headings:
- Background: Place the question addressed in a broad context and highlight the purpose of the study;
- Methods: Describe briefly the main methods or treatments applied;
- Results: Summarize the article's main findings; and
- Conclusion: Indicate the main conclusions or interpretations.
- Title should be no more than 25 words
- Use standard abbreviations only. Within the body of the paper, when using abbreviations spell out the name in full at the first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
- Do not include references, tables, figures or photos.
Any paper that does not comply with these specifications will not be accepted by the online submission process. If your paper is accepted for the conference, you must register by Monday, 14 October 2019 to be included in the conference program.
NSA Student Travel Grant
Each year the NSA Council provides funding to assist NSA student members to travel to the Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM). The amount allocated to individual applicants depends on the number of applications received and the location of the meeting.
Criteria and Application Process
- The applicant for a Student Travel Grant must be a current financial student member of the NSA or have applied for membership by the 30th June 2019.
- Recipients of the travel grant must have submitted an abstract for the ASM as presenting author. The travel grant is contingent on the acceptance of the abstract.
- Travel grant applications will be reviewed by the NSA Council and the applicants will be notified by the Secretariat if successful.
- If selected for an Oral Presentation, recipients of the travel grant will be expected to prepare a trial presentation of their paper at a local meeting held just prior to the ASM.
- A statement from the applicants’ Head of Department/Research Supervisor is required to apply for the grant.
- All grant applications must be submitted with a completed abstract no later than Wednesday 31 July 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
To download the NSA-ASM student travel support letter click here.
Completed travel grant applications should be submitted when completing an online abstract submission.
- Agriculture, Farming and Food
- Cardiovascular Nutrition
- Food Security, Nutrition and Innovations
- Food Technologies and Trends
- Gut Microbiota and Health
- Hospital Nutrition
- Infant and Maternal Nutrition
- Micronutrients and Health
- Nutrition and Ageing
- Nutrition and Chronic Disease (excluding obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease)
- Nutrition and Cognition
- Nutrition and Disease Mechanisms
- Nutrients and Food: Policy and Regulation
- Nutrition and lifespan (excluding infants and aged)
- Nutrition and Physical Performance
- Nutrition Communication and Education
- Nutrition in Genomics
- Public Health Nutrition