Melbourne Airport is located 20 km or 25 minutes from central Melbourne.
A taxi fare from the Airport to Melbourne CBD is approximately A$45.00. If you would prefer to pre-book your taxi during your stay in Melbourne please find below contacts:
- Melbourne Cabs Phone: 1300 9091 9422 (Airport transfers) Phone: + 61 3 9091 9440 (City transfers) Web: www.melbournecabs.com.au
- Silver Top Taxis Melbourne Phone: 131 008 Web: www.silvertop.com.au
- Yellow Cabs Melbourne Phone: 13 1924 Web: www.yellowcab.com.au
- Wheelchair Accessible Taxis Melbourne Phone: + 61 3 9277 3877 Web: www.silvertop.com.au
A shuttle bus service, SkyBus, operates 24 hours a day between the Airport and the city centre. The service runs approximately every 10 minutes at a cost of A$18 each way (A$36.00 return). Transfers from the main city bus terminus to major hotels is included. For further information or to book your ticket online or view the complimentary CBD hotel shuttle bus information visit www.skybus.com.au or phone + 61 3 9335 2811.
Bistros, restaurants, cafes and coffee shops offer varied menus, prices and decor. Local specialties such as seafood and Australian wines are worth trying. At some restaurants you can keep the liquor bill down by taking your own wine or beer. These are called “BYO” restaurants, an abbreviation for “bring your own”.
Registration fees do not include insurance of any kind. It is strongly recommended that at the time you register for the conference and book your travel you take out an insurance policy of your choice. The policy should include
- loss of fees/deposit through cancellation of your participation in the conference,
- or through cancellation of the conference,
- loss of international/domestic air fares through cancellation for any reason,
- loss of tour monies through cancellation for any reason including airline or related services strikes within Australia,
- failure to utilise tours or pre booked arrangements due to airline delay, Force Majeure or any other reason,
- medical expenses (including sickness and accident cover),
- loss or damage to personal property,
- additional expenses and repatriation should travel arrangements have to be altered.
The conference managers cannot take any responsibility for any participant failing to arrange their own insurance. This insurance is to be purchased in your country of origin.
All major car hire companies, including Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Thrifty, operate in Australia and vehicles may be hired at Brisbane Airport. Parking is also available at the Conference venue.
The Conference hosts and organisers have arranged for photography onsite throughout the Conference. The images may be used for post-Conference reports, case studies, marketing collateral and supplied to industry media if requested. If you do not wish for your photo to be taken, please inform an Arinex staff member at the registration desk onsite.
Australia introduced the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2012 in March 2014. The Conference Managers comply with such legislation which is designed to protect the right of the individual to privacy of their information. Information collected in respect of proposed participation in any aspect of the Conference will be only used for the purposes of planning and conduct of the Conference and may also be provided to the organising body or to organisers of future events. Further information on Privacy Laws in Australia can be found here: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-act/privacy-law-reform
It is also usual to produce a ‘Delegate List’ of attendees at the Conference and to include the individual’s details in such a list. Consent for publication of the individual’s information may be withheld when completing the Registration Form for the Conference. Individuals are also entitled to access the information held by written application to the Conference Managers.
Melbourne Shops open from 0900 to 1700 hours during the week with late night shopping on Friday until 2100 hours. On Saturdays and Sundays, the hours in the CBD and shopping centres are generally from 0900 to 1700 hours and 1000 to 1600 hours.
Online Registration Form
Please note that all persons intending to attend the Conference must register.